The menu for the holiday teas at the Historic Preservation Trust of Lancaster County on Saturday, December 13, and Sunday, December 14, have been announced by Donna Lussier, chef at La Petite Patisserie and hostess for the teas:
Scones — White Chocolate & Cranberry Scones, Cream Scones, Lemon Preserves and Devonshire Cream
Savories — Radish & Chives with Cream Cheese on White, Waldorf Chicken Salad on White and Eggs, Shallots & Mayo on Pumpernickel and Apple & Brie Crostini with Honey
Sweets — Pistachio French Macaron, Chocolate Earl Grey Tartlet, Lemon Bar and Assorted Chocolates
Seatings will be at 11 am and 2 pm. The cost is $45 per person (plus tax and gratuity), with a portion benefitting the Preservation Trust.
“Teas at the Preservation Trust are popular not only because they are in one of the most historic houses in Lancaster, but also because the setting is relaxing,” said Lussier. “In addition to the seasonal decorations at the house, guests will enjoy harp music by Karen Meyer. Some seating is still available for the Saturday tea.”
The headquarters for the Historic Preservation Trust, at 123 North Prince Street in downtown Lancaster, is where Andrew Ellicott taught Meriwether Lewis navigation skills in 1803, prior to the Lewis and Clark Expedition. Ellicott lived at 123 North Prince Street from 1801 to 1813.
Ellicott (1754-1820) was a master astronomer, engineer, and surveyor. He completed the survey of the District of Columbia and helped establish the famous Mason-Dixon border, among many other state boundary surveys. He was personally commissioned by President Thomas Jefferson to train Captain Meriwether Lewis prior to the Lewis and Clark Expedition (1804-1806) that opened up the West for settlement. In later years, Ellicott was the commandant of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
The Historic Preservation Trust accepted the donation of the 123 North Prince Street in 1996 through the generous gift of the Louise Steinman von Hess foundation.
For additional information about the teas call 717-424-1631 or check http://petitedessert.com/upcoming-tea-parties/
About the Historic Preservation Trust of Lancaster County
Founded in 1966 to “stem the rapid destruction of historic properties in Lancaster County,” the Historic Preservation Trust of Lancaster County’s mission is to encourage and facilitate historic preservation throughout Lancaster County. The Preservation Trust has been directly involved in preserving important Lancaster County landmarks and has provided advice, assistance and guidance in the protection of others. The trust is a member-supported, 501(c)3 non-profit organization located in the historic Sehner-Ellicott-von Hess House (1787) at 123 North Prince Street in downtown Lancaster. Visit www.hptrust.org for additional information.