Municipalities: 2022 Preservation Summit
2022 Lancaster County Historic Preservation Summit
Friday, September 30, 2022
The Ware Center, 42 N. Prince Street, Lancaster, PA
8:30am-5pm (8:30-9:15am check in and Welcome Reception) for Municipalities
Members of Municipalities are invited to attend the summit on Friday, September 30, from 9am-5pm at the Ware Center in downtown Lancaster. Registration is free and includes a Welcome reception (from 8:30-9:15am), break for lunch on your own from 12-1 pm, presentations from local experts on historic preservation, a cocktail reception from 3-4 pm with members of the local historical societies, and a presentation from our Keynote Speaker, Donovan Rypkema, from 4-5 pm.
- 8:30 am – Welcome Reception and Check-in at the Ware Center
- 9:30 am – Presentation from Megan McNish from PHMC – Legal Framework of Historic Preservation in PA
- 10:30 am – Presentation from Frank Grumbine from PHMC – Methods to Preserve Rural and Agricultural Landscape
- 11:30 am – Presentation from Julie Fitzpatrick from PA Downtown – Main Street: How Your Town can be the Best Version of Itself
- 12:30 – LUNCH ON YOUR OWN
- 1:30 pm – Case Study from James Delle and Benton Webber – The Importance and Limitations of Historic Preservation Law: Lessons from the Oregon Village Project
- 2:30 pm – Wrap up from the Historic Preservation Trust of Lancaster County
- 3:00 pm – Cocktail reception with historical society members at the Sehner-Ellicott-von Hess house, 123 N. Prince Street
- 4:00 pm – Keynote Speaker, Donovan Rypkema, Principal from PlaceEconomics – The Multiple Impacts of Preservation: Recent Lessons from Around the Country
Registration deadline is September 16 and is limited to the first 350 registrants.